Monday, October 16, 2006

Rainy days and Mondays

Rain, rain, rain.

I like it, but it makes me sleepy. And I probably lost the Mother of the Year award when I let my kids stay home today because of the rotten weather. Who am I kidding? I lost that award a long time ago. Somewhere in between letting them eat Easter candy for breakfast and yelling at them when we're running late in the morning, usually because of me.

What's that old saying? Never have more children than you can afford therapy for?

I have had visitors for a few days now. I like entertaining, but my polite button gets sticky after day 2. Which isn't a good thing when one of those visitors is your mom.

Anyway, I'll ply her with booze and take a nap and all will be right with the world again. As soon as I get my kids out of the pool. What? It's not thundering or lightning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simply Jen said...

Well, it's better than sending your kid to school only to have to pick them up a few hours early because the buses are not going to take any children home who live outside of town. They called parents at about 1:00 and said that they needed to be picked up cause school was closing. By the time that most people were able to go pick up their kids 59 was closed along with some of the other low lying roads taht have creeks under them. So, Steve and I had to go pick up my little sister from school...what fun that was.

And your not a bad mom...I wish that my mom would have let me stay home on rainy days...at least one

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home