Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Shove me in the shallow water

My six year-old daughter asked me the other day if everyone has a deepest, darkest secret. What a great question.

I've mentioned this to a quite a few people and - without pause or exception - each person's response was a resounding "YES."

Now, I'm sure it's true that we all have what we consider to be a deepest, darkest secret. I just think "deepest" and "darkest" are subjective terms. One person's deepest, darkest secret could be driving away from the store without putting the grocery cart up, another's could be wearing women's lingerie under hunting gear.

I also think deepest, darkest secrets are an illusion. There is nothing secret from God. Thankfully so.

As for Savannah's inquiry? I did what any self respecting parent would do when faced with an intense, thought provoking, controversial issue such as this one.

I changed the subject.

4 Comments:

Blogger psycho_aide said...

how do you know what frank wear under his hunting gear? lmao

11:03 PM  
Blogger Liberated Momma said...

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE

11:40 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hey now, what about the ones that wear it underneath their fire gear? Does that count too?? For me, I just wear bunker gear underneath my underware! :-)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

Thank you Cas! I was always wondering what to do when my kids ask me those hard to answer life questions!!!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home