Friday, April 13, 2007

Read it if you dare

I just read something that got me thinking. It said, "Love flows best when it flows freely." So true.

Anyway, I had another kooky dream last night. Are you ready?

I dreamed I was driving a semi-truck with no trailer through heavy traffic on a freeway. It was a bright sunny day and I was enjoying myself. I went under an overpass and got into the right hand lane next to a grassy esplanade with a very pronounced curb.

I was traveling between a lot of other trucks, and the traffic began to bottleneck. A huge 18-wheeler carrying heavy equipment suddenly came up behind me and started to run up on the back of my trailer. I had no where to go other than to run off the freeway onto this beautiful esplanade under another section of overpass.

This began a chain reaction of trucks, cars and 18-wheelers wrecking and running off the road. Everyone jumped out of their vehicles and began trying to sort out the mess. I was furious. This guy running up on my @$$ had caused it all, but some people were trying to blame me. I dropped my cell phone on the grass next to the curb, but I was too angry to get it.

I marched over to the guy, who was now standing next to a huge, locker-like container he'd been hauling that had busted open because of the wreck. He was surrounded by angry people, cops, troopers, etc. And he was holding his arms out saying none of it mattered because he was carrying plutonium. "Anybody want some?" he yelled, "Have it!" It looked like cocaine in huge plastic bags.

Everyone started to scatter, and I wondered if it could blow up or if he had a nuclear bomb. I started to run.

My cell phone was on the ground about a hundred feet away. People were stampeding and I prayed I could get to it before someone crushed the thing underfoot. I reached the phone and scooped it off the ground, still at a dead run. I knew something bad was going to happen, and it did.

As I reached the open highway, I looked back over my shoulder and saw, rising above the overpass, the front edge of a colossal fire ball that blotted out the sky behind it.

I ran faster, trying to stay ahead of it. I thought maybe the guy's plutonium had exploded, or maybe he'd had a nuke, but something told me we were being attacked. I looked up again and I saw a huge 50 foot tall, shirtless man with nubs of horns coming from his head behind the overpass, causing the fireball. I knew no one else could see him. It was a symbol. It was Armegeddon.

I was in Houston, and my only thought was to try to get back to my family in Cleveland. Maybe they hadn't been affected. I began to run north on the freeway with a crowd of other people. Somehow I knew we were being herded in a direction for some nefarious purpose, so I cut off the main road and back under another overpass toward a wooded area.

I caught bits and pieces of conversation as we ran. There had been several explosions. The city was most affected. Some of the outlying areas were still intact. It gave me hope that my family would still be alive.

There was a little dark-haired girl, about three or four years old, running with two older women. I grabbed her hand to help her keep up, and they followed me, along with a few other stragglers. We ran up an incline to get back with the crowd, but the little girl went in another direction. I knew I should follow her. The right way to go was not with the masses.

We came upon a village of sorts and kept running staright through it. Along the way, I found a beautiful Bible with a protective cover. I shoved it in my purse and kept going. The little girl had been leading us, and so far she'd been right on the money. We'd avoided the fate of the majority of people who'd been on the main freeway. They were all dead.

At the end of the village, we ran into another group of survivors. It was time to divide and go our separate ways. I had developed a love for the little girl I believed God sent to show us how to get away. It was so hard to part with her. I hugged her and told one of the women I would miss her. The woman looked at me puzzled and said she wasn't her daughter, she didn't know who she was. The little girl beamed up at me, and I knew I could keep her. She didn't have anyone else.

We set off for Cleveland again, following the grassy, wooded edge of the freeway so we wouldn't be seen by the invaders. Close to the north edge of Houston, just around a curve in the road, there was a roadblock set up to keep people from getting out. We detoured around and ran into a side road with emergency workers who were helping survivors sneak around the roadblock. A few of the guys knew me and said my house had been destroyed, but as far as they knew my family was still alive.

They were going to help us when, around the bend, we heard a roar and people screaming. One of the workers told us to try to stay on the outer edge when it hit. I didn't know what he was talking about so I grabbed the little girl and ran to see what was happening. It was a huge wall of water barreling down the road, headed straight for us.

I ran as fast as I could to try to get ahead of it on the other side, but I knew it was going to get me. I felt helpless as the lead edge caught me and knocked me off my feet. It was pushing me toward an open parking lot with a few cars, and I was washed free of the main wave. I ended up washing up onto the pavement of the lot.

And then I woke up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liberated Momma said...

Wow.. where is Sigmond when you need him?

Very powerful.. I think I get the water reference..

12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow..... powerful...... direct, and yet so much symbolism... I understand the conenctions...

1:38 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

wow - is about all I can say - that was intense - now you need to write the novel - because that is a seller - E :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home