Monday, July 02, 2007

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."

Wow. I just found that quote today on one of my writers' newsletters. How fantastically appropriate.

I love it.

My lifestyle lately has been a little self-destructive. I've been drinking a lot. Not enough to make an ass of myself, but enough for me to realize I've been using it for a crutch.

I had decided to turn my efforts toward writing when I found the above quote by one of my all-time favorite writers in the world, Ray Bradbury. And it just makes sense.

So that's what I'm going to do.

5 Comments:

Blogger elysabeth said...

That is a great quote - and I'm glad you found it and posted it. Yeah the real liquor will destroy you and everyone around you - so welcome back.

(I didn't understand your previous post - the friend you brought home is associated with a vile person? - I'm not sure how to comment on it - other than yep let the maker be the judge and jury - whatever this person did - he will get his just desserts in the end - E :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

I don't think the friend had anything to do with the vile person... But, it is time for her maker to finish what she has started.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Cas said...

No. The friend who refreshed me had nothing to do with the vile person. Other than the vile person had, at one time, posed as a friend.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

And POSE she did!

8:04 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

I know nothing of the vile person but yes - the maker will find it rightly so to justify revenge on that person who posed as a friend and who treated you so badly - E :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home