Monday, October 29, 2007

Tidbits

Well, I'm finally all settled in.

My mom has been here for more than a week, so I haven't had time to update. Let's just say I love my mom, but I'm glad she lives an hour away.

The house is lovely and it feels so good to be on my own. I am thrilled every time I get a piece of mail with my name on it, even if it's a bill. There is something very exciting about being independent. Except for being broke.

I have taken on the task of not only writing three articles a month for the Liberty County Outlook magazine, but I will also be selling advertising for it. Everyone tells me I should be great at this. We'll see. Having an actual income would be nice right about now.

Not only am I starting a new job, I'm having surgery on Wednesday to repair a pelvic hernia. Apparently, giving birth to five kids - three of whom weighed over ten pounds - can break down muscle tissue, resulting in a hernia. I'm trying to get as many things taken care of as I can while I still have health insurance. The one-hundred-percent-after-deductible coverage was almost worth staying married for. Almost.

I miss Nathan, as usual. He's in the top of my closet. Zach is coming over tomorrow night to stay with me for a few days while I recover. And he's bringing my new grandson, Nate, a four-month old Labrador mix puppy he rescued from an animal shelter. Words cannot express how much I'm looking forward to having a four-month old puppy in my new house while I recover from surgery. Yippee.

Katie turned thirteen last week. I see her in the car when I'm taking the kids to school and picking them up. I'm pretty sure she still lives here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I hope your surgery went okay and I'm glad you will have someone there to take care of you. that's very important. Dont push yourself. Get better at your own pace.

5:09 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

I agree - get better at your own pace because this has been an overwhelming year so far. It's good to have someone there to help out even if it is your mother. Sometimes mothers can be such pains but others we are thankful they are there. Prayers for you Cas; feel better and come back to us soon - I miss commenting as I've been so busy and forgetful to check out for new blog postings. When you get a chance, check out my updates on my blog - like a gazillion this week - hahaha - so much happening in the last week and a half that I needed to post - guess that counts as writing if nothing else - E :)

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home