Sunday, January 13, 2008

What a difference a week makes

Well, I have a new job.

I decided this year to rest in God, to enjoy his love and life and to trust that He will show me what I should do.

I woke up last Monday morning and felt perfectly relaxed and confident in Him. Then I found out my editor and boss was no longer with the magazine. By Wednesday they offered me her job, and I took it.

So, I have a new job: publisher/editor of Outlook Magazine.

I feel like someone just handed me a baby to raise. With no instruction manual. And my resolve to trust and rest in Him has been kind of hard to hold onto for some strange reason. I keep thinking about 1400 things and it's all just a tad bit overwhelming.

But, if God is for me, who can be against me? Right?

If somebody is crazy enough to let me run their magazine, I'm just crazy enough to do it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations!

J.

8:32 AM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Congrats and you will be fine - just remember to hold on to your faith. Everything comes together for a reason and this is your reason - to show the world what you are made of and how you function and what you can do. I have a feeling you will definitely take the magazine far - lots of hugs and congrats for you -E :)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home