Monday, December 31, 2007

Simple complexity

Well, Happy New Year everybody. I can't say it's sad to see this year go, but every reminder of how fast time flies leaves me a little melancholy.

Christmas was ok. Ken evidently had a great time because he is on the floor in my kids' bedroom surrounded by naked Barbies.

My mom and cousin Marilyn have been here for the last couple of days. We had a barbecue yesterday and my nephew Joshua was here on leave from the Navy. Nathan's best friend, Sam, was home on leave from the Marines and came by a couple of times, too. Life goes on, doesn't it?

I just finished reading a book called, "The Shack." It was a quick read and probably did the best job I've ever seen as far as simplifying God, the Trinity, and answering hard questions people always have about God, like why there is so much evil in the world if God is a loving Father.

I have never had that question. I have never doubted that God intends good for us and that God works everything out for the best possible outcome - even our bad choices. I have never doubted that if it were the best thing for all of us, Nathan would have lived. I don't doubt God's wisdom. I do, however, doubt myself on a regular basis.

The thing I find hard to wrap my head around is how He can love us so much. I struggle with that one quite a bit. It is hard for me to be still and know that He is God and He loves me. "The Shack" was a potent reminder of God's love. It brings back to the forefront that we are His children and were created to be loved. That's nice.

Here's to remembering He's great in 2008.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home