Sunday, August 05, 2007

Can I get a jump?

We returned to Ikea on Wednesday and finished Zach's room. It makes me want to do the whole house. It looks wonderful and, as my mom says, it's the first time Nathan's bathroom has been clean since we moved in four years ago.

Zachary being home has breathed new life into the place. It's good to have him here, especially for the kids since I'm still in zombie mode.

I saw a picture of myself taken a week or so ago and I look tired/stressed or something. Do I look like that all the time? I am absolutely disgusted with being so morose. Stop the ride, I'm ready to get off. I know I'm the only one who can make anything change, but for the life of me I can't seem to move into action. Yuck.

Stupid, huh? Dede found out her chemo and radiation treatments are going to span 7 months and I'm perfectly healthy, wallowing in a pit of feeling sorry for myself.

Check, please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simply Jen said...

You are correct. Only you can make that final change to get out of your slump. Just remember that your friends are here to help in any way possible. Maybe a day of pampering is just what you need. You never know until you try. Maybe getting back into your excercise routine. I have heard somewhere before that it helps all the "feel good" emotions flow in your brain... I know I sound retarded but, for the life of me I cannot remember what it is technically called!!!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serotonin (sp?) Exercise raises your serotonin levels, which give you good ju ju.
Cassie, stop thinking that you can stop mourning by thinking so. It is natural to feel what you are feeling. It will get better with time. I remember thinking it was a shame that I couldnt sleep for a few years. This too shall pass.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home