Saturday, August 25, 2007

What would you do?

Suppose you only have one last day with a person before they die? What would you do?

I had a dream last night that I woke up the week before Nathan died. I was aware of the fact that he was going to die on Thursday, so I just tried to enjoy him. We had a great time with the family, laughing and having fun; then Wednesday came, and I knew he was going to die on Thursday. I kept asking everyone what should I do? They just looked at me like I shouldn't make waves. I tried not to, but I kept breaking down and crying. Nathan looked at me puzzled, and I asked myself in my head, "What would you do if you knew you only had one more day with someone?" So, I got up and hugged him really tight around his neck and told him I was proud of him.

And then I told him not to go swimming tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love u , nic

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you dearly!!!! I pray for you always.Hopefully I won't be as poor as I have been this summer so I can come down, I miss you guys so much. I have been financially broken, but dance started 2 weeks ago so...It should be better soon. I love you guys soooo much!

Noya

7:43 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

Your dream is exactly what I would do if I knew it were the last time I'd see the person alive. But alas, we can't know for sure and so we have to treat every day like it could be our last and live it to the fullest and keep our faith up - You are doing well and I commend you on that.

If I were to ever meet you on the street, I'd know immediately who you were because you are such an inspiration to everyone - to keep going no matter what - making the best of what you still have and enjoying the family as much as you can. Hang in there, things will ease up eventually but there will always be days when you feel that the whole world is crashing down; just remember it's okay to breakdown and have the low days. It's also okay to have the very good high days, which I think you are getting back to.

Your journaling your journey through this tough time has probably been a godsend for you since it has kept you out of the darkest places and has allowed you to continue to be with your family and keeps you going every day - still in my thoughts and prayers - E :)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Cassie :] It's Jennifer. Your blog really got me thinking. Everything happened the exact way God had planned. For some odd reason..God wanted Nathan back at home. You are being so strong and I truely admire you. I will keep you and your family and Nathan in my prayers.

Jennifer Garcia
tomball06@gmail.com

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home