Sunday, February 17, 2008

Miss me?

Wow. I guess I've broken my all-time record for longest amount of time between posts. Sorry, faithful fans, I'll try to do better.

I've thrown myself headlong into the magazine publishing business and seem to not be doing so bad, as it were. Soccer mom haircut or not. We are on an upswing, financially speaking, and things are going pretty well. I really enjoy the editing part of my job, and I love piecing the magazine together and watching it come out just right, like an enormous jigsaw puzzle. It's very rewarding to create something like this.

On a personal note, my divorce quietly became final on Valentine's Day. Yes, you read right. It was also my grandfather's birthday. I like to think of it as a good omen; I'm surprised at how much more relaxed I feel now, like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Now, if I could only lose about 23 pounds off my belly...

3 Comments:

Blogger Master of My Own Small Universe said...

Ok, leaving the whole argument of whether or not you really need to lose weight aside, why 23 pounds? Why not a good safe, round number like 25 or 20? Or if you were asserting your individuality, why not step completely out on the limb and loose 22.875 or such?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for u!! zach dragged me to go run today. it felt great!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger elysabeth said...

I don't think Cas needs to lose weight either but all in moderation - eat well, sleep well and do the rest the best you can.

And yes we did miss you - lol - glad you are back somewhat.

Happy b-day to your grandfather late and celebrate your freedom (wow quick divorce because it seems just yesterday you were separating - here in South Carolina it's a year minimum before a divorce becomes final regardless of the circumstances). So celebrate, rejoice in your freedom. Hugs to you my friend - E :)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home